Cosmos Electric is a growing non-union multi-service electrical contractor seeking a dynamic individual to join its team as a “Service Electrician”.
Cosmos Electric is a family owned business entering its 40th year in 2016. Cosmos Electric services a multitude of industries ranging from, industrial, commercial, and residential. Cosmos Electric is involved in both new construction and service electrical contracting.
Operating out of Toronto, Ontario, Cosmos Electric services many of the communities in the GTA.
As a Service Electrician the candidate would be responsible to:
- Respond to service calls.
- Lay-out and assign work for self and supporting workers.
- Analyze, assess, and troubleshoot service problems in a variety of applications.
- Participate in on-call 24/7 service roster.
- Ensure materials set out for a task suit the task.
- Communicate with customers, potential customers, staff, and management.
- Proactively identify hazards and maintenance items for clients.
The ideal job candidate would possess:
- Electrical Certificate of Qualification as Construction/Maintenance Electrician (309A or 309D).
- Minimum 5-10 years experience in a service environment since achieving their C of Q.
- Valid Class G drivers license with clean driving record.
- Own tools and equipment necessary to respond as a service electrician.
- Familiarity with relay logic, installation, and troubleshooting.
- Experience in Residential, Commercial, and Industrial service environment.
- Experience developing apprentices in a service environment.
- Strong communication skills.
- Current knowledge of OESC & CEC.
Job conditions would include:
- Working indoors and outdoors in a variety of climate conditions.
- Lifting and carrying in excess of 50 lbs.
- Responding to on-call 24/7 emergency service as part of a multi-person rotation.
- Working at elevations from 2’ to 50’ and greater.
- Working in secure and sensitive facilities (background check may be necessary).
- Working with and directing the work of co-workers.
- Driving company vehicles to and from work locations.
Please forward interest in this position by submitting a cover letter, resume, and compensation expectations in person, via email to John@cosmoselectrical.com, mail, or via fax to 416-690-6219.
Only those candidates sought for an interview will be contacted. Thank you to all that apply, your resume will be placed on file for job future opportunities.